Saturday, December 21, 2013

Resolutions

I personally do not believe in the New Year's resolution. I feel that any promise to yourself can be made any time of the year. Eight weeks ago, I promised myself that from now on I WOULD work out. Not that I should or have to. As I was running my five last night, I wanted to stop. I had no reason to. I wasn't out of breath, by then my foot stopped hurting, and I had a good pace. I asked myself what I would be doing if not running? My answer was probably arguing with my daughter to eat her food. So...I finished my run!

I do want to try something after the holidays though. I have to say that it is much to easy to get fast food. It is cheap and simple. With my husband deployed, the easiest thing is to eat wrong. Which totally throws off my working out. I want to try clean eating. I am not going to go crazy with it. I just want to make decisions about my food that I will not feel bad about an hour later. I love vegetables, and have been getting into fruit, so it isn't like it is difficult for me. It is just easier to not cook. Although, I do love sushi!!

So, I don't want to say that this is a New Years resolution, but a necessary life change, just like working out. I think that the first few months will be difficult, but maybe after eight weeks, it will be easy like running is now!?!

This next year is going to be interesting. We find out where we will move, when will move, maybe try to have another child, and I get to see all of my hard work pay off. My goals of the half marathon and races will be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment