Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I ran 4.5 miles today. A vast improvement from even before my foot surgery. I am really excited about this. Not only am I a rarity, in that I enjoy running, but if I keep up this pace I will be ready for the 1/2 marathon in about 16 weeks. Apparently the rule is for novices, 16 weeks is the beginning of training and eating right. Not that you shouldn't do that any way, but I have a habit of indulging in food that isn't great for a person.  If you are an avid runner,12 weeks is the start, FYI. I am finding the race, in my head, to be daunting. I am excited about it, but at the same time I just started running again. . I have to say though, I have been lifting weights, and doing things like squats with weight. I believe that this has helped tremendously in my able to have endurance, get my breathing under control, and be stronger in general. I also have been able to change how I breath while running. I always had a certain way of doing it, even in track in high school. Apparently it was wrong. I can now run, and not be out of breath after 4.5 miles, just sweaty!! Does anyone have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment