Monday, August 18, 2014

So....made it to Korea! Just a few weeks ago we arrived. My husband found us an apartment, and we moved in right away. We live in a town on the outskirts of Seoul called Pyeongtaek. We live within walking distance to the base, the nightlife, restaurants, and shopping. It is a small area, but it is nice. Dirty, but nice! A lot of people asked about the area and how Koreans were before I moved here. Honestly, there are smells and certain things that as Americans we just wouldn't do. But, there are things that we do that they find odd. It is just an adjustment. Korean's love kids, and are always friendly. Especially when I am with my daughter. As long as you are nice and try to communicate in their language, they are helpful and go out of their way for you.

On this note, we also have no idea where our car is or our house hold goods. Our car is most likely gone, just because of the thousands that seem to be missing from this company since they took over the shipping for the U.S. military a few months ago. Ridiculous.

Adjusting has not been difficult, but getting on with everyday things is hard without your stuff. I have to wear the same five things. I have to sit uncomfortably to do my homework. I just miss our bed, really! Air mattresses are great and all, but I don't ever want to sleep on one again! A lot of complaining, I know! But...this move (PCS) has been the worst we have ever dealt with. Everything, truly, has gone wrong. It has been stress after stress. I just hope it will all work out, and soon!! The one thing that has made it better is our great apartment. It really is very nice, and brand new. I love the bathrooms and kitchen, and the size of all of the rooms. Good job Nate!

I signed up for a 10k at the DMZ, so I need to get my butt back to the gym! I also signed up for a trip to the DMZ for a tour. The wives here have been amazing, and helpful. I have already started practicing for a CRUD tournament. CRUD is this random ass game with a pool table, two balls, ten players, running, and blocking. You honestly have to play to understand.

I have Eva signed up for a Korean pre-school, and she loves it. She is already bowing and saying a few Korean words. It is a good age to be in an odd situation. She doesn't really get that it isn't quite normal for a random blonde hair, blue eyed kid to crash a Korean school. She even rides the school bus van to and from school.

Well, hopefully I am on here more!

No comments:

Post a Comment